[antlr-interest] ANTLRworks vs. Stand-Alone Parser

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Tue Jun 26 06:30:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a grammar, that's working (though far from complete). It's does
not appear to be parsing the inputs the way I intend, so I wanted to
look at the parse tree in the ANTLRworks Interpreter pane. The problem
is that input that is parsed successfully when I run the parser on its
own (outside ANTLRworks) just gives a one or two derivations (depending
on which non-terminal I choose as the start symbol) and then
NoViableAltException. I've tried several non-terminals that should be
suitable for deriving the input I supplied but the result is always the
same.

Am I doing something wrong? Why the discrepancy between the parser when
executed on its own and when executed within ANTLRworks? I do not use
any options when invoking ANTLR on the command line, nor do I have any
set in the ANTLRworks General Preferences tab.

As before, this is the stand-alone ANTLRworks application, not the IDEA
plug-in. ANTLRworks was not running when the most recent change to the
grammar file was made and it is displaying the latest version of the
grammar.

Does ANLTRworks cache its compiled parser classes somewhere? If so,
where? Must I manually clear that cache (if any)?

Randall Schulz