[antlr-interest] Is ANTLR Hallucinating?

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Tue Jun 26 07:42:58 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 07:32, Thomas Brandon wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Randall R Schulz <rschulz at sonic.net> wrote:
>
> > Is anything supposed to happend when I issue the Help command (from
> > the Help menu)? 'Cause nothing happens on my system (not even a
> > "not help available" alert).
>
> I get a browser open at http://www.antlr.org/works/help/index.html

Hmmm... Do you know what ANTLRworks does to invoke the browser? I don't
see a Preference for choosing or specifying the command invoked to
launch the browser.

> > Also, when the conflict diagram is displayed and the ANTLRworks
> > window is active, it seems to consume all available CPU cycles.
>
> I get higher CPU usage (about 11% compared to 5% normally) when
> viewing a syntax diagram, but thats on windows (dualcore 3GHz).

This is a 3GHz HyperThreading CPU running Linux. It shouldn't be that
different from yours, I wouldn't think. Or is yours a Core 2 Duo? Those
things really scream!

> Tom.

Randall Schulz