[antlr-interest] Knowledge is Power ... But A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing!

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Tue Jun 26 08:03:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

Now that I've managed, with lots of help from Tom B. and Wincent C., to
get the ANTLRworks debugger working, two things come to mind:

1) The reason I started using ANTLR in the first place (I'd used JavaCC
for years), was because I asked around about tool support for parser
generators. Someone pointed out that ANTLR has this nice ANTLRworks
thing, so I decided to give ANTLR a try. But I developed one whole
parser without really exploiting ANTLRworks.

2) Wow! ANTLRworks is really very powerful and useful, once you scratch
the surface and surmount some of its challenges.

Thanks to everyone who helped and, of course, to Ter and Jean.

Randall Schulz