[antlr-interest] More DOT Questions

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Fri Jun 29 15:36:37 PDT 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 15:29, Terence Parr wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > That's too bad. DOT can't do what's required?
> >
> > Anyway, in the long run (after the grammar is developed, stable and
> > being used) I'm more interested in visualizing ASTs. I really liked
> > your example on page 191 of TDAR and included it in the
> > command-line driver I wrote for the parser I'm working on now.
>
> pg 188 in printed book?  That was done with DOTTreeGenerator not
> ANTLRWorks.  ANTLRWorks builds its own ASTs.

No the code sample on page 191 of the printed book. It's page 203 of the
PDF book. The graphic on page 188 (of the print book) is what I get
when I render the dot produced by DOTTreeGenerator. What I'd like is
what ANTLRWorks produces.

ANTLWorks does not execute the action code in the parser it's running?

> > But as I mentioned, the result it produces (when you render the
> > resulting DOT file) is quite different from that produced when
> > visualizing the AST in the ANTLRWorks debugger. I'd like to be able
> > to replicate the latter.
>
> Oh, well, you'll have to look at AW source then...no dot involved.

Oh, well, indeed.

> Ter

Randall Schulz