[antlr-interest] ANTLR Project Google Summer of Code projects

Miguel Ping mblp at mega.ist.utl.pt
Mon Mar 12 07:46:12 PDT 2007

As for the SQL grammar, I started learning Antlr because I needed a
quick'n'dirty way of parsing SQL stuff, and I ported some of the old
Oracle 7 v2 grammar to antlr 3.. the grammar isn' really usefull for
production, because my port is with 'backtrack=true' what should
considerably reduce parsing performance. Anyway there is a repository
of SQL grammars @ http://savage.net.au/SQL/, and another @
http://cui.unige.ch/db-research/Enseignement/analyseinfo/BNFweb.html
they may be usefull for consulting purposes. Good luck for the one
that ports SQL, full SQL '92 for instance has 638 rules, according to
the last link I provided :)