[antlr-interest] ANTLR Project Google Summer of Code projects

Ahmed Mohombe amohombe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 04:08:35 PDT 2007

>> Well, this looks interesting (Java + ANTLR3 sounds much better :) ).
>
> Are you aware of this?
> http://quercus.caucho.com/
Yes. I used it already and is faster than the original PHP implementation.
Also more secure.

> It's apparently a rather complete PHP runtime implemented in Java, and
> it runs lots of regular PHP software, so it probably has a complete
> parser.
It wasn't published either.

#1. Because of the applications - many of them are very popular(even if there's no much hype around
them, like other RoR applications that almost nobody is using).
There aren't always enough resources to rewrite everything(with other languages/frameoworks)
especially if those applications work and already serve millions of users.

#2. Because it's the most use language in for websites/webapplications right now.

And maybe not so serious, but unfortunately many more are affected:
#3. Because the boss decides so :). (this should be #1 :) ).

#4. Because Visual Basic 6 is not working too well for websites :), otherwise the boss would have
decided to use it :).

Ahmed.