[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 Python target ready for beta

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Fri Mar 16 02:08:20 PDT 2007

Clinton Roy wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> On 3/15/07, Benjamin Niemann
> <pink at odahoda.de> wrote:
>> I'm just dropping a note to claim that the Python target for V3 is now
>> good enough so you can play with it for more than 2 minutes without
>> running into fatal bugs ;)
>
> I've been hanging out for AST support, perhaps you could use my
> tree.py/ast.stg from:
> azure.humbug.org.au/~croy/antlr.tgz

I'll have a look at it.

> Let me know if you'd prefer me to have a hack at it.
>
>> Comments are welcome!
>
> It's a dedicated person who targets all those versions of Python! I've
> only been bothering with 2.5.

It's just sets atm that need some compatibility work. And I've switched to
2.5 not too long ago, so the new features are not yet hardwired into my
brain...

> There's a trailing semi colon after the call to reportError in the
> rule template.
>
> I suggest you run pylint over antlr3.py, it picks up a lot of little
> problems. I've put a report online as a bit of an incentive:
> azure.humbug.org.au/~croy/antlr.html

Use pylint not just on antlr3.py, but also on the generated code - isn't it
on the TODO list... should be there...

> It looks like the TODO needs a little bit of attention as well.
>
> Let me know if there any particular areas you'd like me to tackle.

testing, testing, testing... :)

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de