[antlr-interest] How to run AntlrWorks

Dave Wald davew252 at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 18:53:45 PDT 2007

Hello
 New to this. Sorry.

I’m running WinXP with IE7 (also have FireFox)
I downloaded the Version 1.0b9 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
<http://www.antlr.org/download/antlrworks-1.0b9.jar>
from http://www.antlr.org/works/index.html .
The ReadMe states: “Download the complete antlrworks.jar at
               http://www.antlr.org/works/index.html
This archive contains everything needed to work with ANTLRWorks (it
includes ANTLR 3.x, StringTemplate, XJLibrary, ANTLR 2.x, etc.).
To run ANTLRWorks, simply double-click on the antlrworks.jar
file.  From the command line, type "java -jar antlrworks.jar".

I don’t get a jar, I get a zip. There are no jar files in the zip. I am not
a Java programmer. I am a professional programmer, just not Java. I have run
ANTLR2.7.7 from the command line several times by using the “java –jar
antlr.Tool
” command syntax but this I cannot figure out. I do need to try
and generate some basic boolean expression parsing capability to try and
replace that which was removed from a certain programming platform in a sort
of visual studio-type IDE which runs on Windows and shall remain nameless. I
would love to be able to use this IDE. (It looks fantastic
)
Can anyone help me out a little here?
Thanks,
Dave