[antlr-interest] How to report bugs ?

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Wed Mar 28 01:12:40 PDT 2007

> I this case, I don't know whether the compiler will in-line the value
> that is in effect while it runs or whether it will refrain from in-
> lining
> a value for that field.

Eh, do you really think the people at Sun are not smart enough to
realize that the File.separator field is system dependent and
implement that in a way that is not going to break? I mean, they go
on and implement a whole VM, platform independent language spec etc.,
and then they forget this? And no one notices in nearly 10 years, up
to this day?

Also, the compiler doesn't execute the code it's compiling, so it
simply can't inline that field because it has no way to determine
it's value. Code that is static, like static initializers or the
static block, is supposed to be executed at class load time, if I'm
not mistaken.

Martin