[antlr-interest] Use partial classes for C#

Dr. Hartmut Kocher hwk.cortex-brainware at t-online.de
Wed Mar 28 08:01:04 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Well, I don't quite agree (well I agree that there might be more important
things to do first):

The point is that partial classes are generated in different files.
Therefore, regenerating means that you can simply discard the generated file
and regenerate it as your manual changes are in a different file.

Regions on the other hand are generated into one file. Therefore, if you
manually added something, you must be careful during regeneration to
preserve your manual changes. This was a problem in .NET 1. That's the whole
reason why partial classes were introduced in .NET 2.0.

This has been proven to be useful. So why not use it?

Regards

Dr. Hartmut Kocher