[antlr-interest] AntlrWorks and CSharp

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Wed May 9 12:14:10 PDT 2007

Hi,

> could anyone tell me if it is possible to configure
> AntlrWorks to generate CSharp (or C++) code?
> Maybe there are some documentations.

ANTLR is responsible for all code generation. AntlrWorks is distributed with
it's own private copy of ANTLR that it uses.

C++ code generation is currently a work in progress for ANTLR v3.

C# code generation is supported in the latest "daily build" for ANTLR v3
but, the latest version of AntlrWorks includes an earlier version of ANTLR
that does not support C# code generation.

My advice (until a new AntlrWorks is released) is to develop/test your
grammar - minus action code - using AntlrWorks without specifying a target
language (this default to Java). Once you are happy with your grammar, use
the latest build of ANTLR to generate your C# recognizers (you need to
specify a target language in your .g file for this). The wiki has
information on how to use ANTLR to generate code.

Micheal