[antlr-interest] ANTLR book is out

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Thu May 17 13:36:33 PDT 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 13:10, Terence Parr wrote:
> Hi. The Definitive ANTLR Reference has been printed.  Please buy from
> pragprog site rather than Amazon as I get more of a cut. ;)

But for those on a tight budget, the difference betwen the $37 Pragmatic
Programmers' (plus $4.50 for shipping) and Amazon's $24.40 (with
free "Super Saver" shipping available) is a bit hard to ignore. In
fact, Amazon's paper book price is virtually identical to the Pragmatic
PDF price!

I'm not sure why, but Amazon.com is still listing the book as available
only for pre-order. Is Pragmatic holding out??

People considering the PDF version should probably first read
<http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/starter_kit/faqs/pdf_faq.html> (if
they haven't already). The only real caveat is that even though the PDF
itself does not (attempt to) prevent printing (only Adobe's Reader
honors the content that encodes that restriction--other PDF viewing
software does not), the formatting is not the same as that of a printed
book and active hyperlinks (a good and useful thing) are just
distractions when they appear on paper.

> http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/tpantlr/
>
> Enjoy.

One way or the other, I will.