[antlr-interest] Problematic links

David Piepgrass qwertie256 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:16:27 PDT 2007

>> has no line breaks.
>It is a PC versus Linux thing. most editors will know how to deal
>with this.  Just cut and paste into your programming editor.

I'm afraid that doesn't work - no line breaks appear when pasting into
a programmer's editor such as Notepad2 or ANTLRWorks.

However, if I save from Firefox or IE into a text file, then line
breaks DO appear - but at regular intervals, not where they are
supposed to be. It looks like this:

grammar Expr; // START:members @header { import  java.util.HashMap; }
@members { /** Map variable name to Integer object holding value */
HashMap memory = new HashMap(); } // END:members // START:stat prog:
stat+ ; stat: // evaluate expr and emit result // $expr.value is return
attribute 'value' from expr call expr NEWLINE
{System.out.println($expr.value);} // match assignment and stored value
// $ID.text is text property of token matched for ID reference | ID '='
expr NEWLINE { memory.put($ID.text, new Integer($expr.value));} // do

>if you tell me where the links are I will fix it.  Just look in the
>download directory.

oh, sorry, one link is at  http://www.antlr.org/download.html

and the other was in the mailing list archives. Isn't this the
"download directory"?

>I believe the antlr-from-v2 and the original antlr.g from v2
>distribution would be a decent pair.

Well, I found

antlr-2.7.7/antlr/antlr.g within
http://www.antlr2.org/download/antlr-2.7.7.tar.gz
and antlr-3.0/src/org/antlr/tool/antlr.g within
http://www.antlr.org/download/antlr-3.0.tar.gz

but I couldn't find something named antlr-from-v2.