[antlr-interest] Getting input from an alternate source (sockets)

Glenn Jones gjones at coopknow.com
Tue May 29 13:04:21 PDT 2007

I am writing an application that will be receiving its input through a
network socket.  I have been working with Antlr 3 and trying to get a series
of input from the client to be parsed by Antlr.  I am able to get the data
from the socket into the lexer's input stream, but the lexer appears to be
wanting to read the data to the end.  Since I need to send responses back to
the client after specific parts of the input has been parsed, I can't wait
for the end of data to be reached.

Is there a way of having the lexer return tokens to the parser as it
recognizes them as opposed to waiting?

Glenn Jones