[antlr-interest] case sensitivity for ANTLR v3 lexers

Mateus Baur da Silva mateus.baur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 10:43:07 PST 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm Mateus Baur from Brazil. I just started learning language and language
tools. I decided to use ANTLRv3 and ANTLRWorks to study this topic.

I'm doing a translator from a subset of Pascal to Java in order to learn
some basic stuff. As my source language is Pascal, I would need a
case-insensitive lexer. I have the ANTLR book (The Definitive ANTLR
Reference: Building Domain-Specific Languages) but I was not able to find
anything about it.

I took a look on the antlr mailing list but I just found a 2006 message sent
by Ter saying that he was planning to make some changes in order to make it
possible. So, what is the status on that?

Is there some way of doing a case-insensitive lexer today using ANTLR? Or
would I need to change the lexer code myself to achieve that?

Thanks and Regards,
Mateus