[antlr-interest] "Comments" token from source to the target language

Andreas Bartho andreas.bartho at inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Nov 13 08:18:10 PST 2007

Hi,

I had a similar problem (getting a C#-AST with comments and Preprocessor
directives). I settled with defining 3 parsers (C#, Preprocessor,
Comments) and merging the resulting asts.

There are some ambiguities to be solved (e.g. does a comment above the
first statement in a method belong to the method body node, the
StatementList node or the first statement node?), but it saves you much
hassle in your grammar definition (as already discussed).

Andreas