[antlr-interest] I get a note when i compile my grammer

atif azad atif.azad at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:35:43 PST 2007

Dear All

When I compile my grammer and then use the command

Javac *.java to compile the java classes I get the following message

javac  *.java

Note: Sparc2Parser.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

Then I run with Xlink option to get the following details

javac -Xlint *.java

Sparc2Parser.java:49: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to put(K,V) as a
member of the raw type java.util.HashMap
        super.put(attrName, value);
                 ^
Sparc2Parser.java:53: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to put(K,V) as a
member of the raw type java.util.HashMap
        super.put(attrName, new Integer(value));
                 ^
Sparc2Parser.java:47: warning: [serial] serializable class
Sparc2Parser.STAttrMap has no definition of serialVersionUID
    public static class STAttrMap extends HashMap {
                  ^
Sparc2Parser.java:77: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to push(E) as a
member of the raw type java.util.Stack
        program_stack.push(new program_scope());

I think this is my portion of the grammer which causes this

grammar Sparc2;
options {

output=template;

}