[antlr-interest] "Contextual lexing": Ideas on "nested parsers" and "lexing parsers."

Keith Whittingham kwhittingham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:03:02 PST 2007

I went through this pain a couple of years back. In the end I gave up with
generators and hand code a 'syntax driven lexer'. I just passed context
change directives through the nextToken() method. Personally I liked this
approach a lot. A purist might comment that the split between the lexer
and parser is broken but I don't think so - quite the opposite.