[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 C target and Visual Studio 6

Iain Young Iain.Young at microfocus.com
Thu Oct 4 02:01:47 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

I've just been creating some parsers using Antlr3 and the c target. It
all worked fine with vs2005, but would not compile with vc6. After a bit
of investigation I found I had to make a small change to one of the
antlr header files.

In the file antlr3defs.h, I had to change the line (110):

        #define	ANTLR3_UINT64_LIT(lit)	    lit##ULL

So that it instead looked like this...

        #if _MSC_VER >= 1400
        #define  ANTLR3_UINT64_LIT(lit)     lit##ULL
        #else
        #define  ANTLR3_UINT64_LIT(lit)     lit##ui64
        #endif // _MSC_VER >= 1400

Now that I've modified the antlr sources, I guess this change ought to
make it into the official source stream as a patch of some sort, but I
can't see any information on the antlr website on how to do this,
(although I might be missing it - it's early and I haven't had enough
coffee yet). Does anyone know what I need to do with this fix?

Thanks,
Iain

Micro Focus Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01504593
Registered office: The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QN, UK