[antlr-interest] Methods and dynamically scoped variables

Christian Andersson dt05ca4 at student.lth.se
Mon Oct 29 10:21:50 PDT 2007

Hi all!

I have a lot of java code in my grammar that uses a lot of dynamically
scoped attributes. Quite often the code look the same using the same
attributes and so on, this gives me a lot of problem maintaining the code,
having to change the same value in many places and the code also gets
unnecessary large.

I really would like to change these long code sequences with methods instead.
I tried to put @member between @init @after, though no error was reported
in ANTLRWorks no code was generated to java.

Can you only use @members on top of the file using no dynamically scoped
attributes?

Thanks for your help!
Br Christian