[antlr-interest] A rule indirecting a token

Joachim Rosskopf antlr at b0nz0.de
Mon Sep 3 07:50:04 PDT 2007

Hello,

I´m very new to development with antlr and dsl development in general.

Currently I´m trying to implement a kind of expression language for a
data
converstion tool. But I´m facing a problem I really don´t understand.

Take the following snippet of my grammar:

decimalDigit
        :       DIGIT;

DIGIT   :       ('0'..'9');

I´m using ANTLRWorks to interpret the grammar. So "DIGIT" works quite
well. But if i try "decimalDigit" I get an MismatchedTokenException
(13 != 14). What´s wrong, and what the heck does 13 != 14 mean?

Regards
---
Joachim