[antlr-interest] Unable to throw custom exceptions - possible bug?

Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia lor.dv at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 29 03:54:10 PDT 2007

Hi.

I'm building a tree parser with ANTLR 3.0 for a project I am currently working on.
Now, one method I'm calling from one of the actions in the grammar throws a custom exception (let's call it MyException), so I added "throws MyException" to the rule declaration in order to declare the exception throwing in the parser code.

The modified grammar compiles correctly with antlr Tool, but nothing is added to the method signature in the generated parser! Is this a bug?
Maybe the reason is that I am using a return value for the rule?

Thank you in advance.

--
Lorenzo