[antlr-interest] Problem with C target output

Kamil Burzynski nopik at data.pl
Sun Apr 6 01:41:21 PDT 2008

Jim,

  It seems, that start and stop fields in ANTLR3_COMMON_TOKEN_struct are
not just plain offsets since beginning, but they are pointers?
Therefore if you need offset you need something like $foo.start -
$foo.input.data ? Also, this influences error messages being produced by
your target: while in Java the same error produces nice offset in the
error message, C target does print some pointer value, which is
unreadable.. Can we fix it in the next version?

Excuse me for no example (as I have none handy at the moment). If my
description above is too messy and you will need example, I'll try to
get one for you.

--
Best regards from
Kamil Burzynski