[antlr-interest] HOW To catch error (no exception is thown)

Guntis Ozols guntiso at latnet.lv
Tue Apr 22 15:54:11 PDT 2008

> thanks a lot, that work .I ve just put
>
>  public void reportError (RecognitionException re){
>              throw new RuntimeException("Bailing out!");
>         }
>
> in member in parser.I have no information on the error  but i have an
> error (it still that).
>
> PS: I use  antwork 1.1.7
>
> a+++

Since java 1.4, the preferred way would be:
  throw new RuntimeException("Lexing problem!", re);

Then, with some effort, you can get line/char/token info
(another 'feature' of antlr is that getMessage() and
 getLocalizedMessage() does not work properly for exceptions.
 getMessage(ResourceBundle res) is missing, too).