[antlr-interest] ANTLR C++ target

Anders Karlsson anders at globe-trotter.us
Tue Aug 5 01:46:30 PDT 2008

Hi

I read some weeks back about a release for C++, we would be very interested in this as well.

Not directly for the exceptions but to the interaction with the parser a bit more friendly e.g. type handling
and OO concept - I had a bit of a struggle to figure out how the type hierarchy at first when doing a C target
which I think would have been more intuitive if it were C++ objects I was working with.

In addition another advantage as I see it (just to motivate you further Jim :-) is that we don't have to
have any extern "C" linking - passing structures/objects between C and C++ isn't so "fun".

Is there any release date for 3.2 ? (sorry for being pushy :-)

Best regards
Anders Karlsson