[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0.1: invalid character column in a mismatch character error message.

Raphael Reitzig r_reitzi at cs.uni-kl.de
Mon Aug 11 14:57:57 PDT 2008

I don't get why you insist on your point "for COBOL programers it's
like that...". Man, who cares? This tool is written in Java, it's main
target language is Java. So, personally, I would expect it to be
consistent with Java conventions, not any other language. Java
conventions are even documented by SUN, unlike those of other languages.
Is there even a COBOL target for ANTLR?

This argument does, of course, not disturb rest of discussion about
error message style.

Regards

Raphael

"Francis ANDRE" <francis.andre.kampbell at orange.fr> wrote (Mon Aug 11