[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.1: Help: Why do I get this warning

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Aug 14 13:12:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 21:42 +0200, Francis ANDRE wrote:

> Jim
>
> I have no ^ at all and ! is appearing only in fragment lexer rules where
> I presume this does not imply using AST because it is just removing
> character in the text of the build token!!!

1) The ! does imply rewrites, because it is a parser only rule. Really
it should give you an error but the v2 parser just sees that this is
some sort of rewrite and so you get the warning, even though it really
isn't a rewrite.
2) ! does not work in 3.x parser, you need to set the text yourself, or
for hte very common case here, adjust the start and stop offset of the
token.

> fragment
> ESCAPOS                :  '\''! '\'';

Jim