[antlr-interest] help related to interpreted grammar for calculator

mark twain himmy070 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:45:59 PDT 2008

Hi Every1,

I am writing the grammar for a calcluator supporting  basic arithmetic
operations and is able to successfully generate the AST from my Lexer-Parser
grammar<bbcalc.g> and  treeWalker grammar<bbcalcTreeWalker.g>.

Now I am writing the Interpreter grammar<bbcalcInterpreter.g> to generate
the output value from above generated AST but getting following errors. I am
new-bie to ANTLR and since last 2 days trying to figure out the problem with
interpreter grammar but still not able to resolve it  :-(
error(100): bbcalcInterpreter.g:15:13: syntax error: antlr:
bbcalcInterpreter.g:15:13: unexpected token:  int v = 0;
error(100): bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:22: syntax error: antlr:
bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:22: unexpected token: IDENTIFIER
error(100): bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:34: syntax error: antlr:
bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:34: unexpected token: =
error(100): bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:39: syntax error: antlr:
bbcalcInterpreter.g:16:39: unexpected token: )
warning(138): bbcalcInterpreter.g:0:0: grammar bbcalcInterpreter: no start
rule (no rule can obviously be followed by EOF)
Generating bbcalcInterpreter.c
Generating bbcalcInterpreter.h
I have attached all my 3 grammar files and it would be great if you could go
through my simple grammar files and help me in this.
Thanks...........