[antlr-interest] FW: [Profanity Detected - Message Blocked] Re: ANTLR 3.1 - Serious performance downgrade

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Mon Aug 18 09:34:43 PDT 2008

Daniels, Troy (US SSA) schrieb:
> Can you guys please stop swearing at each other?  I've been getting
> these messages for days.  If you're not having an ad hominem flame war,
> can someone look for what's probably tripping the filter and remove it
> from the quoted text?  The message below is all the information I have.
>
> Troy

Well, the email causing to activate the filter contains "s h i t" in the
meaning of the French "M e r d e!". As the mailing list in generally
very polite this wasn't used in a flame war, but Ter demonstrated his
frustrations non-verbally. Harmless compared to what is aired on TV.

I advise to deactivate such filters anyway because the cause more
trouble as they are worth. Either they catch the wrong emails, mangle
harmless text ("*butt*ignment", anyone?) or in the case, they actually
work, wouldn't you want to know that you have been insulted indeed?

Johannes