[antlr-interest] Can't recoginze a file start with HIDDENlexersince 3.1b1

Ronghui Yu Ronghui.Yu at SierraAtlantic.com
Sun Aug 31 23:41:53 PDT 2008

Yes, this is really a great challenge for me, but I'll try my best to figure
it out.
Thank you very much.

==============================
Regards,
Ronghui Yu
Sierra Atlantic
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kay Röpke" <kroepke at classdump.org>
To: "Ronghui Yu" <Ronghui.Yu at sierraatlantic.com>
Cc: "ANTLR-Interest Interest" <antlr-interest at antlr.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Can't recoginze a file start with
HIDDENlexersince 3.1b1

On Aug 30, 2008, at 3:21 AM, Ronghui Yu wrote:

> I tried L-factoring and syntax predicate, but I couldn't remove all
> errors yet. One of the parsers has almost 1000 rules, does it reach  ANTLR
> limit?

No, there's not a limit like that. The only problems I've had are
codesize issues with Java, but that doesn't have anything to do with
backtracking, anyway.

> Anyway, I think I need to follow the method to deal with rules one  by
> one.

Either the language is highly ambiguous or you have a mistake in your
grammar. SQL is not particularly nice as a language to parse...lots of
room for mistakes :(
Try to understand where it starts becoming ambiguous and you'll
eventually find it. Takes time and practice though.

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Röpke
http://classdump.org/

DISCLAIMER:"The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any) may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, review, retransmission, or taking of any action based upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message, and have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and kindly delete the original message, attachments, if any, and all its copies from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation."