[antlr-interest] possible type in The Definitive ...

Bill Cox bill at qswtools.com
Sat Dec 13 22:04:18 PST 2008

Hi Folks,

The CLASSPATH definition on page 10 of TDAR seems to mean that the
class files that you create must be in pne pf the antlr installation
folders.  Am I missing something?  Wouldn't the CLASSPATH be more
useful if it included the current folder, like this"

/usr/local/antlr/lib/antlr-3.1.1.jar:/usr/local/antlr/lib/antlr-2.7.7.jar:/usr/local/antlr/lib/antlr-3.1.1-runtime.jar:/usr/local/antlr/lib/stringtemplate-3.2.jar:.

See the colon and period at the end?  This will allow the java command
to search the current folder, where presumably the reader has typed in
the example .java files.

It seems to me that the book's examples around page 10 would work
better if this were true.
Or (more likely) I've missed something...

Regards,
Bill