[antlr-interest] Fwd: Match the start and end of a line

Gokulakannan Somasundaram gokul007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 09:13:44 PST 2008

Pressed 'Reply' instead of 'Reply All'

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Gavin Lambert <antlr at mirality.co.nz> wrote:

> At 22:17 25/12/2008, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>
> But I think the OP would need to explain a bit more about *why*
> they're interested in line beginnings and endings before we can be
> of more help.

Hi,
   I am trying to convert the pl/pgsql parser from Lex/Bison to AntLR, to
check whether it would make parsing will get simpler. Just to give some
background, pl/pgsql is a equivalent of PL/SQL in the open source database
postgresql. While i was trying that, there was Flex token, that has the
beginning of line as one of its condition. I couldn't find the equivalent in
AntLR and i raised the doubt in the forum. When i went ahead and checked it,
this one is un-documented option called "#option dump" where '#' has been
mentioned as a rule like this *^#option* in flex.
  So i really don't know, why it was decided to be at the beginning of line
and i failed trying to think of a reason.

Thanks,
Gokul