[antlr-interest] Match the start and end of a line

Gokulakannan Somasundaram gokul007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 09:21:19 PST 2008

Hi Gary,
         Thanks a lot for your detailed response. I have one doubt from your
second mail. I have listed it below.

> spice_resistor_declaration
>    : name=ID WS node0=ID WS node1=ID WS value=ID WS EOL
>    ;
>
> cpp_define
>    : '#' WS 'define' WS ID WS ( '(' WS define_param_list WS ')' )? WS
> define_body WS EOL
>     ;

I can't understand, how we can omit BOL here, if we are handling white
spaces. Can you tell me, how i should handle the white space to omit the
BOL?

One more question. I see a Token  attribute called 'pos' - Can we make use
of this to check BOL?

> Is there a reason why the ANTLR lexer doesn't/can't support full regexes?

I second the same question. Why is a parser with such cool features should
avoid support for regex? I think this support would enable lot of people who
currently have the parsers written in Flex/Bison to migrate fast.

 Thanks,
Gokul.