[antlr-interest] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Sat Feb 2 03:13:45 PST 2008

At 23:45 2/02/2008, Steve Bennett wrote:
 >Frustratingly, when I try to look up the traceback in the
 >generated code, the line numbers don't seem to match. For
 >example, synpred38 is labelled as being on line 23214, but
 >it should be 18939-18951. In the generated code I do see
 >the failed call to predict. Is there some debugging code
 >I could put in that might shed light?

Presumably you're using ANTLRworks' debug mode, then, rather than
running it directly?

Open up ANTLRworks' Preferences page and have a look at the Output
Path on the first page.  It'll either be set to "Same as grammar"
or a custom path.  Either way, open up that folder.

Now start a debugging session.  (That's important -- "Generate
Code" produces a release build, while starting the debugger
produces a debug build.  They're slightly different.)  The
generated lexer and parser files in the output folder should now
be up to date, and match what ANTLRworks is actually running with.