[antlr-interest] Grammar handling of whitespaces

Shawn Poulson spoulson3 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 05:19:20 PST 2008

Hello all,

I've had success so far with generating my grammar for my C# target,
with help from several individuals here.  One of the tips I've used is
to use a lexer rule to skip whitespaces using a rule like:

WS : (' '|'\r'|'\t'|'\n') { $channel=HIDDEN; }

This is very helpful for most parser rules, so I don't have to
explicitly put whitespaces throughout my parser rules.  But, there are
times where I don't want whitespaces between certain elements.  Is
there a way to handle this?

Thanks.

---
Shawn Poulson