[antlr-interest] [Tree grammar] Mismatch tree node

Jakub Lambrych lambrych at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:11:02 PST 2008

Hello Everybody!

I would like to ask You whether exists in Tree Grammar a posibility of
not walking through the whole AST tree (in my pass I'm only interested
in data stored on the first level in the tree).

I'll give a working example:

I only want to read the "label" staff

<code>
operation
	: ^(OPERATION ^(LABEL label?) IDENTIFIER ^(ARGUMENTS
arguments*))
	;

label	: a=ETIQUETA {System.out.println($a.text);}
	;

</code>
but Anlr forces me to implement whole "walking" (implementing
"arguments" rule, tha depends on another rule etc. etc.)

My question is, whether exists a solution with what I could define the
tree grammar more or less like:
<code>
operation: ^(OPERATION ^(LABEL label?) IDENTIFIER ARGUMENTS;
label	: a=ETIQUETA {System.out.println($a.text);}
	;
</code>

Of course in the example above i get Mismathed tree node error : down
expected <UP>.

I would be very very grateful for the answer as I'm sitting few hours
already trying to fix it somehow.

Once again thanx,
Jakub Lambrych
--