[antlr-interest] AST node creation

Bill Andersen andersen at ontologyworks.com
Mon Feb 18 06:34:43 PST 2008

I've been trying the example on p 170 of the ANTLR reference, with a
small tweak.  I have a tree-generating grammar ( output=AST is set }

name
	: NAME
		-> { new CommonTree(new CommonToken(NAME, "Fred")) }
	| BLANK_NAME
	;

meant to convert any NAMEs seen to "Fred".  When I run the parser and
print the AST I don't see any Fred NAMEs, even though the test input
hits this production plenty.

Running the code thru the debugger shows the relevant code

root_0 = (Object)adaptor.nil();
// 102:3: ->
{
   adaptor.addChild(root_0,  new CommonTree(new CommonToken(NAME,
"Fred")) );
}

is being executed.  Am I missing anything?

   .bill