[antlr-interest] Why won't this match...

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:34:57 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

>  On Feb 24, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Mark Volkmann wrote:
>
>  try
>
>  >>>> LITTLE_TOKEN     : {input.LA(3)!='b'}?=> 'wi';

I don't think that can be right because we want to use LITTLE_TOKEN
even when the third character is 'b'. The criteria for choosing
BIG_TOKEN instead of LITTLE_TOKEN is that the eigth character of
'wibbled' is 'd'. If it doesn't match BIG_TOKEN then we want it to
match LITTLE_TOKEN followed by SEMI_TOKEN.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.