[antlr-interest] "An Introduction to ANTLR" presentation slides

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 10:15:14 PST 2008

Hi Andy,
Thanks for making this publicly available.

I specifically wanted to address your statements in
the 'Predicates' section:  I have been trying as of
late to figure out just what the difference is between
semantic predicates and gated semantic predicates, so
I think your explanation has helped me there.
However, I'm not sure of the veracity of your
statement that:

“Syntactic Predicate" is just some "Symantic
Predicate" that happens to be in a lexer
rule rather than a parser rule.

It was my impression that a syntactic predicate could
be used in a parser or in a lexer to "test the
waters", so to speak.  Does anyone else want to weigh
in here?

Thanks,
Matt