[antlr-interest] ANTLR syntax bug with array return types

Olivier Lefevre lefevrol at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 10:46:15 PST 2008

Kay Röpke wrote:
> I think this came up in the past. I vaguely remember discussing
> something like this. It should be findable in the archives.

Unfortunately the archive has no search engine. However Google found it:
in "how to use Java arrays in rule argument actions in ANTLR v3" in March
2007 Ter replied to a similar question that "Currently we have no way to
handle nested []". Apparently this is still true. Are there any plans to
fix that? It is a major restriction: arrays are not an obscure feature of
the target language.

At the very least this should be documented yet AFAICT neither the FAQ nor
the manual mention it and it does not seem to be in the bug tracker either.

Regards,

-- O.L.