[antlr-interest] "An Introduction to ANTLR" presentation slides

Darien Hager darien.hager at etelos-inc.com
Wed Feb 27 13:31:46 PST 2008

On 2/27/08, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:
>
> > A syn pred simply specifies the sytnactic context
> > that must be true
> > for the parser (or lexer or tree parser) to pass.
> > I.e., if you see X,
> > then Y will match:
> >
> > a : (X)=> Y
> >     | ...
> >     ;
> >

> Wait--is that example literal?  In rule a, how could
> next token X predict Y?  I -had- thought I understood
> the syntactic predicate.  :(

A shot in the dark: Maybe it's meant to be lowercase "y" as a rule? "X" (or
"x")could be the first token/subrule in rule "y", and X/x doesn't head up
any of the other alternatives?

--
Darien Hager
Developer
darien at etelos.com

http://www.etelos.com
"Revolutionizing the way applications are developed, distributed and
consumed."

This e-mail message, including attachments, may contain confidential
information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not
the intended recipient, then this is notice that any use, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please contact the sender by reply mail and

This e-mail message, including attachments, may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, then this is notice that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.