[antlr-interest] ANT build problems

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Sun Jan 6 13:50:41 PST 2008

Hi,

since I've moved to Linux I haven't been able to get that ant build
script for ANTLR running. I've recreated in a virtual Windows my
original configuration (save the exact paths), but I run into the same
problem despite having it formerly working. The guide of Harald didn't
help me regarding that problem, too.

I created the following script:

"#!/bin/bash

ANTLRLIB=/home/verequus/Arbeit/ANTLR/code/antlr/main/lib
CLASSPATH=$ANTLRLIB/stringtemplate-3.1b1.jar:$ANTLRLIB/antlr-3.1.0.jar:$ANTLRLIB/antlr-2.7.7.jar:/usr/share/java/junit.jar

ant build"

The reference to antlr-3.1.0.jar is merely a renamed intermediate build.
Unfortunately I get error messages like these (from Windows here, but
they are basically the same on Linux):

" [myjavac]
C:\ANTLR\code\antlr\main\src\org\antlr\codegen\ActionTranslator.java
:554: cannot find symbol
  [myjavac] symbol  : variable state
  [myjavac] location: class org.antlr.codegen.ActionTranslator
  [myjavac]             match('$'); if (state.failed) return ;
  [myjavac]                             ^"

The problem is that ActionTranslater.g and ActionAnalysis.g expect 3.1
already (not to mention some unit tests), but are run with 2.7.7 in ant.
What has to be done that this is working again?

Johannes