[antlr-interest] Antlr could not analyze decision - intermittent

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Tue Jan 22 10:33:46 PST 2008

I get the following error 5 out of 6 times when I run antlr on the same
grammar file without changing anything.  Why don't I get the error
everytime?  This makes it very hard to debug if my changes will fix
anything.

BTW I've already added options {k=1;} to the rule that this refers to
and I have syntatic predicates to resolve the issues.

     [java] ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 3.0.1 (August 13, 2007)
1989-2007
     [java] warning(205):
src/com/honeywell/htc/schedinfra/pconstraint/parser/GHOCES.g:200:5:
ANTLR could not analyze this decision in rule constraintDecl; often this
is because of recursive rule references visible from the left edge of
alternatives.  ANTLR will re-analyze the decision with a fixed lookahead
of k=1.  Consider using "options {k=1;}" for that decision and possibly
adding a syntactic predicate.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital