[antlr-interest] ANTLR C++ target

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Jul 2 07:50:00 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 11:28 +0200, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any info about when the C++ target for ANTLR will be released?
> The company I work for is interested in using C++ for ANTLR parsing.  Now I
> know that the C target is C++ compatible, but it would be really helpful to
> have access to ANTLR C++ classes.  :)

I am going to look properly at a pure C++ approach after we release 3.1
(shortly hopefully, it is all  waiting on me ;-). Though I am still
unsure what this would give anyone over having some C++ facades for the
C runtime. Though, in theory, it should be no slower and not using
pointers to functions might make the optimizer more effective. For this
reason I am also contemplating one (or more) C-lite runtimes, as many
people don't need to override anything but the error message handling.

Jim