[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks with output=template

Tom Smith yotommy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:33:44 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to use ANTLRWorks (1.1.7 or 1.2b5) to debug a tree grammar that
generates output via StringTemplate.  However when I use Remote Debugging,
as soon as I encounter a rule that generates a template via a rewrite rule,
the Java process running the tree parser exits with a NullPointerException.

I have ensured that the driver program does indeed have a valid instance of
a StringTemplateGroup.  Is there something else I must do to be able to
debug this tree grammar in ANTLRWorks (short of commenting out all the
rewrite rules)?

Thanks,
Tom.