[antlr-interest] Debug using ANTLRWorks

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 10:26:09 PDT 2008

rkevinburton at charter.net schrieb:
> I am trying to use the debug feature of ANTLRWorks but the "debugger" claims that it cannot find javac. I am on a Windows platform and ANTLRWorks runs so I know that Java is installed. Where is javac?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kevin

There is a difference between the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and the
Java Software Development Kit (SDK). Only the latter contains the
compiler. Please download and install the SDK first before using the
debug feature. You can test the presence of javac by running it in a
command line, if you are convinced to have the SDK installed already. If
it doesn't find javac then do instal the SDK. If it does find javac then
try changing the preferences of ANTLRworks.

Johannes