[antlr-interest] problem compiling with ANTLR3 C RunTime API!!

mark twain himmy070 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:02:41 PDT 2008

Hi Every1,

I am new bie to the ANTLR tool and using SimpleCalc Example, I successfully
generated the *C source files* for Lexer and Parser <SimpleCalcLexer.c,
SimpleCalcParser.c> using java executablel  antlrworks-1.1.7.jar.  Next, I
downloaded the ANTLR3 C RunTime API source code<libantlr3c-3.0.0-rc8.tar.gz>
and build the code .  Now, when I try to compile the generated C source
 code for Lexer and Parser I am getting the following error everytime:
*Undefined                       first referenced
__lshrdi3                           libantlr3c.a(antlr3bitset.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SimpleCal*
**
I succesfully compiled and gets above error when tries to link  object files
using antlr library which I copied to current directory of object files:
 cc -o SimpleCalc SimpleCalcLexer.o SimpleCalcParser.o libantlr3c.a

Please help me as I tried to change the distro package also but everytime
getting same problem.

Cheers:-)
Mark