[antlr-interest] grammar to latex

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 03:46:56 PDT 2008

> Okay, for anyone who is interested in colour and/or font syntax
> highlighting
> of ANTLR grammars, say if you happen to be writing a book featuring loads
> of
> ANTLR code snippets or something, examples are here (in no particular
> order):
>
> (temporary URLs)
> http://dev.agent.ie/antlr-python-example.pdf
> http://dev.agent.ie/antlr-java-example.pdf
> http://dev.agent.ie/antlr-ruby-example.pdf
>
> Adding new target languages takes about 30 seconds. Pygments is just
> brilliant. :-)
>
> The grammar's not quite finished yet, and I probably won't get back to it
> for a week or two, but it's close enough to get the idea.
>
> I did a quick hack just now to see if I could get typewriter, roman and
> sans
> serif fonts in latex, and it worked. :-) (That's why those PDFs have
> horrible unaligned code.) So, Felix, I think this might work for you.
>
> If anyone needs this urgently feel free to contact me off-list, otherwise
> I'll post here when the code is suitable for human consumption.
>
> -Ana

Looking through the files I noticed two problems, all in the Java example. The first is that the labels a1 and a2 aren't formatted correctly. The numbers are red-boxed. Also I haven't figured quite out what the red boxes should show actually. The second problem is that overly long lines don't receive automatic linebreaks. So some text is practically invisible. Can that be helped?

Johannes