[antlr-interest] new article on ANTLR

csanders csanders at hoovers.com
Wed Jun 4 08:52:28 PDT 2008

Richard Clark wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> How would you suggest organizing the Wiki to make it more usable?
>
> ...Richard (who has provided several pieces to the wiki and a
> suggested top-level organization)

As a new comer to ANTLR going through the wiki, I 'm able to find a lot
of small specific articles for certain aspects of ANTLR ( which works
well ) , but I was unable to find a solid 'Here is how you use ANTLR
from the ground up' type of article for beginners.  The wiki might work
well for experienced users who know what they are looking for, but for
newcomers its overwhelming.

I guess my main complaint is there is no order to the articles, it would
be great to have a starting point, and a clear trail of articles to
follow to learn ANTLR.

The book turns out to be exactly what I needed , but Im not suggesting
putting that online.

ANTLR and parser generation is a complex topic and I'm sure there is no
easy solution for organizing all the collective knowledge on it, and I
certainly  appreciate all the work that you and others have put into it,
so Thanks :).

Charlie