[antlr-interest] can't find template when using gunit with tree walking

Marc Bischof atlan at gmx.li
Fri Jun 13 01:44:19 PDT 2008

Hej,

I've a problem using gunit with tree walking.

Here is the tree walker rule which calls a template. (Grammar and TreeWalker
are working fine, I'am trying to use gunit with it)

program
	:	^(ROOT decls+=declaration+)
	-> 	list(content_st={$decls})   //template call
	;

When I try to test this with the following gunit testsuite I get an error
which can't find the template. But I don't understand why. Do you know
anything about that? Is there a possibility to pass the .stg file to gunit?

gunit Walker walks Grammar;

program walks program:
"namespace lns = \"blub\";" -> ""	//test1

And here is the Error:

        at
        at
        at org.antlr.gunit.gUnitExecuter.runTreeParser(gUnitExecuter.java:392)
        at
org.antlr.gunit.gUnitExecuter.runCorrectParser(gUnitExecuter.java:133)
        at org.antlr.gunit.gUnitExecuter.executeTests(gUnitExecuter.java:149)
        at org.antlr.gunit.gUnitExecuter.execTest(gUnitExecuter.java:92)
        at org.antlr.gunit.Interp.main(Interp.java:62)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find template list.st
        at
org.antlr.stringtemplate.StringTemplateGroup.lookupTemplate(StringTemplateGroup.java:485)
        at
org.antlr.stringtemplate.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:372)
        at
org.antlr.stringtemplate.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:384)
        at
org.antlr.stringtemplate.StringTemplateGroup.getInstanceOf(StringTemplateGroup.java:392)
        at
org.apache.ode.simpel.antlr.SimPELWalker.program(SimPELWalker.java:259)

Cheers
    Marc Bischof